Office Administration Medical
Office Administration Medical are an important part of the healthcare team, with expanding job responsibilities.
- Responsible for Receiving and Greeting Patients
- Scheduling Appointments
- Medical Transcription
- Filing Records
- Purchasing Supplies and Equipment for Medical Use
- Patient Admissions
- Insurance Billing and Coding
- Eligibility to apply to the Ontario Medical Secretaries Association (Health Care Associates).
- After completion of the Ontario Medical Secretaries Association’s academic and employment requirements, Medical Office Administration graduates may add the initials CM (Certified Medical Secretary) to their name.
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Office Billing
- Medical Terminology (machine and digital)
- Computer Skills
- Foundation for pursuing certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint.